Starting with Tibet:
- The enchanting world of Tibetan opera
- dhrekar itinerant beggars, under Tibet: some folk ritual performers
- cham monastic dance.
For China and Japan:
- The films of Jacques Pimpaneau, featuring nuoxi
- a monograph on ritual and nuoxi in Hunan
- Noh drama of Japan: several links here.
And for Tuva:
- Frozen brass, ending with tsam ritual dance—on ice!
Elsewhere, apart from Africa and the Americas, masked performances around Europe would make a fruitful theme, both in folk and art cultures.