I won’t presume to create a “Shakespeare” tag, but I discover there’s a pleasant chain of related stories on this blog:
- The insightful programme by Philomena Cunk (now she does have her own tag…), complete with quiz on words invented by Shakespeare, or not (cuckoo? ukulele? sushi? titwank?).
- Arthur Smith’s Hamlet story
- Shakespeare bettered by D.H. Lawrence
- Peter Sellers declaiming A hard day’s night in Shakespearean style
- A fine pun
- A Shakespearean play, eruditely annotated.
and by extension—thinking of cultural gulfs:
For stimulating takes on Shakespeare’s cultural world, try the BBC TV series Upstart crow…