Here are some of the main posts in which I learn from the work of distinguished scholars on the troubled 20th-century history of Ukraine:
- Famine: Ukraine and China—Robert Conquest, Timothy Snyder, and Anne Applebaum
- See also A brave journalist.
- For Applebaum, see also Iron Curtain and Between East and West
- For Snyder, see Bloodlands, and On tyranny (including further readings)
- Philippe Sands: East West street, and The Ratline.
Another fine perspective on the modern history of Ukraine through its soundscape is
- Maria Sonevytsky, Wild music: sound and sovereignty in Ukraine.
Note also Parajanov‘s Ukrainian film Shadows of forgotten ancestors.