Allegedly, a lunchtime recital by two fine UK musicians was advertised thus (read it aloud…):
Ivor Bolton organ
Iona Brown violin
BTW, in a “proper” index to this blog, more detailed than the sidebar tags, it would give me great pleasure to include Bolton among several numinous place-names in the index to my largely Daoist ouevre:
- Barnsley, suitable greeting upon entering kebab shop in, 238
- Blackpool, contestants inexplicably keen to visit 87
- Bolton 95; Choral Society fails to encapsulate intricacies of Proust 133; Ivor, 38
- Carnegie Hall: Li Manshan and David Sedaris 315
- Grimsby, see Luton
- Leeds, moral education 129
- Luton: and Grimsby, match made in heaven, 225
- Maidstone, suitable anagram for 479
- Scunthorpe 148–95; Messiah in, compares poorly with Daoist gig in Venice 337
- York, Gran visits 23, 41, and passim
The Scunthorpe Messiah page-reference is genuine (in my Daoist priests of the Li family); I’ve imagined the others, since (intriguingly) they add to the drôlerie. Do click on the links!
See also The joys of indexing.