Blind musicians have long been major transmitters of traditional culture: do click away on this list of some posts featuring them.
- Walking shrill—general introduction to shawm bands
- Blind shawm players of Yanggao, and their
- secret language
- Shaanbei: the work of Guo Yuhua, with sequel:
- Bards of Shaanbei
- Shadow-puppetters of Gansu
- The blind retainers of the Qing courtly elite
- the storytelling session in Blind well,
as well as my first two posts on Coronavirus:
For blind musicians elsewhere:
—indeed, one could greatly augment the list for many other cultures around the world. See also the celebrated blind musician Ajo Namgyal (1894–1942) in pre-occupation Tibet.