Here’s a little popery, I mean potpourri—a resumé of some of my more wacky linguistic fantasies:
- A drôle synopsis of my film, for screenings in France
- Two studies on the “French pieces” of the Tang dynasty (faqu and faqu 2)
- Teach yourself Japanese
- Some Portuguese epigrams (following Jottings from Lisbon, also stimulating)
- Foucault and Chagall puns in On visual culture.
Among many fine Chinese jokes, my piques du jour* are
- One-off sex supplement, and Prince Sihanouk
- First of several stories from the great Paul Kratochvil.
* Rather than piqes-niques.